Sunday, December 2, 2012

NaBloPoMo: Thoughts on a supposed failure

Well, I ran the numbers past Nate Silver and it turns out that I didn't quite manage to post every day in November. I made it to 18 (19, if you count the page I added at the top explaining the name behind the blog, which i don't) which is 12 short of the goal. But where would we be without goals, right? In some backwoods, Communist swamp, dying from lack of stickwithitness, that's where.

I still think it was a useful exercise and I'm glad I participated anyway. If nothing else, it was a good way to get back in the habit of blogging more regularly and it really allowed me to "find my voice" and "realize my potential" and "yolo" and "call me maybe" and bunches of other phrases that describe my spiritual self.

No, but seriously. such a dong.
I like that this has forced me to take and share more pictures of the things I enjoy around me. In a world of selfies, the anonymous object shot is king. I've liked sharing things with a small, almost completely unknown (to me) audience. I have no clue who's reading this thing at any given time and I like that (though, you know, if you say "hi" I'm not going to shit in your hat or anything). And if I didn't have this blog, how would I share pictures of damp spots on bus floors that totally look like dongs?

I'd have to accost you on the street and make you look at them, just like everyone else.

So I'm committed to keeping this up for a while and seeing how it goes. It's been a fun ride so far and I find I really don't get to talk enough about myself in a given day so let the navel gazing continue!







2 comments:

  1. Just saying hi and letting you know that at least one person you know (for internet definitions of "know") is reading every post.

    *smootch*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so touched you're still here, Shell! And I'd say yeah, we "know" each other pretty well :)

    ReplyDelete